Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] So tired of MS

 

On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 07:04:23PM -0400, J dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Bev Merrow merrowb@yahoo.com
> [LINUX_Newbies] <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> >
> > Really like the idea of a bootable stick, but will I be able to test my
> > programs?
> >
>
> No. The bootable USB stick will really only let you try out the various
> distributions. You MAY be able to get WINE running on one, but I would
> imagine it would be painful as the live environments on those USB sticks
> runs in memory and swapping things in and out can be really slow when you
> get complex applications running.

I'm going to, very respectfully, and stating that he has more knowledge
than I do, disagree with Jeff (more or less) on this one. Most live
distributions allow you to install something, as I said. However, as Jeff
said (and I should have), running apps on a USB can be painfully slow.

>
>
> I didn't read all of Scott's reply,

WHATTTT?????? You didn't read all my pearls of wisdom. YURUSAN!!!! I
suspect you know what that means, as though you probably don't have time
anymore, I believe you were an anime fan at some point. In case you don't
remember it, it means I won't forgive you. :)

(That's to Jeff, not Bev)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

__._,_.___

Posted by: Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment