Friday, September 20, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Ubuntu 12.04 - "This kernel requires the following features..."

 

I downloaded Ubuntu 12.04 to a CD and attempted to install it on my laptop but when I did, I get the message: This kernel requires the following features not present on the CPU: pae


Unable to boot - Please use a kernel appropriate...


So apparently this Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is not able to run Ubuntu. I am willing to use another distro (Puppy?) as long as it will work with my wireless network and not require a lot of configuring.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment