Sunday, September 15, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Using popular Linux programs and going on lline.

 

For Ubuntu proper, I read where it is best to get the updates while on LAN, then you should be able to go on with WI-FI. Usually LAN adapters are picked right up with Linux better than in Windows. In fact, I used to use Puppy Linux to get Windows drivers for LAN and mount and save the driver to later run on Windows.

In fact, you can browse the Web while testing the Live version and if you see something to save, just email yourself or save to USB.

Joan in Reno


From: Jim <jimpurcell2001@yahoo.com>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:34 PM
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Using popular Linux programs and going on lline.

 
I have played around with some of the recent Ubuntu programs and considered installing one on one of my computers. However, these days it's pretty difficult to compute w/out being able to go on the internet, even if all one wants/needs is program updates, etc.

Is there a Linux version around today that will have that capability. My internet connection is wireless so I would need drivers for my wireless device. Or I could reconnect to my wired router and I would then need drivers for my network card.

Jim



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment