Thursday, September 5, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Windows 8 and Linux install

 

I recently got a Lenovo  G580 laptop...nice ...no touch screen.  I then proceeded to install Linux Mint 13 "alongside windows."  Install went about a nice as possible.  I then rebooted as usual and the grub menu showed up as usual. Selected Linux Mint and that went ok, too. Everything worked liked a charm....you know by now something is coming. I then decided to shutdown and when I got the grub menu and selected Windows and I got an error message about configuration error....wanted me to get the installation disk and select "repair."  Unfortunetly there were not any...they are on a partition on the hard drive.  So I brought up the bios setup and looked at the drives....legacy vs something that begins  with "e" (default). So I turned the setup to legacy last (I think) and got
windows to show up.  That's the way it stands now.  If you need details let me know.
Jim

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment