Thursday, September 12, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Two users on one computer

 

Good afternoon
Do Sep 12 16:43:25 2013
Thank You for email and help.

> > > However, mutt was originally written to live in a larger ecosystem,
> > > and many of us do not use its pop or smtp features directly.
> > *
>
> > What does mean directly?
*
Now a maybe stupid question:
Now I use
claws
and
tb
for Email pop smtp.
I open tb and I can see all emails.
When I used a text based software like mutt
can I see also all emails or onyl file names in one directory?

>
> Meaning, that as Cameron explains later in the email, rather than using
> this built in smtp or pop feature of later versions of mutt, we use third
> party programs to do that.
>
> > >
> > > Instead, we run a separate program to collect email, usually using
> > > POP. Programs such as fetchmail and getmail are common choices for
> > > this. I run "getmail" regularly to collect my email and deliver it
> > > to my "spool" folder. (And run a mail filing program to move
messages
> > > out of there into various mail folders for various lists etc.)
> > >*
> > So
> > to use other programs than mutt is common?

Regards
Sophie

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (31)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment