Tuesday, September 24, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Wireless adapters for linux - ubuntu 12.04 LTS

 

Please can anyone help me.I  use the above [I am not sure of the kernel version]  on a Lenovo comp. with Vista.and there seems to be a lot of confusion about which wireless adapter should be bought to use for my particular requirements according to the above info. as shown.Can anyone advise me which adapter I should buy with regard to chip  name and chip set  version or number ie RTL  8191 as an example.I am very much a newbie to linux and ubuntu and I just want to buy the correct adapter  for my set up and preferably a plug and play, and supports the linux kernel by default,as this will save searching for correct drivers.This info I gathered online.My system is 32 bit Vista.Any help would be really appreciated.
Thankyou  Barrie Haigh lovely Anna Bay

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment