Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] How to Reinstall Grub When Ubuntu or Linux Mint Won’t Boot | UbuntuHandbook

 


On 6/17/2014 12:40 PM, Gene Henley mhenley2@verizon.net [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
 



The boot menu comes up. If I select Ubuntu, I get it OK.  If I select Windows,the 
screen goes dark and I see a flashing dash light upper left of screen.Windows 
never boots.
                           Gene H

On Jun 17, 2014, at 1:36 PM, Scott scottro@nyc.rr.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:

 

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 12:26:59PM -0400, Gene Henley mhenley2@verizon.net [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2013/11/reinstall-grub-ubuntu-wont-boot/
>

<snip>

It should be a simple mater of reinstalling Grub..  I have at times had happen what you describe or at least close to it.  Check out a product called "Grub Customizer."    I just googled "grub customizer ubuntu 14.04" and found a great deal of information.  I have thus far used grub customizer on Mint 16 and Zorin.  If you want to try that route and need help, let us know.

Loyal

__._,_.___

Posted by: Loyal Barber <loyal_barber@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment