Sunday, June 22, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Mint (Mate) Version 17

 

Hi Joan,

You wrote:

I never tried to adjust the partitions in that situation.

I assume that means there is another way to
set up partitions.

... or it detects nothing is there, ...

It showed what I expected to already exist
from my previous installation (Version 16).

... and that something else I mentioned. Perhaps Mint is too smart?

Well, the "something else" bit is there--it
just doesn't lead to anything that allows
for a new partition setup.

FWIW, the info I had indicated that Mint
would default install with a swap partition
and I have found no evidence that it did
that in either version.

What is your recommended method to
partition a newly installed Linux?

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Gene C. Falck" <gfalck@merr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment