Sunday, June 22, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Mint (Mate) Version 17

 

I never tried to adjust the partitions in that situation. I usually start with NTFS or it detects nothing is there, or it is another Distro and asks to install with it, replace it, and that something else I mentioned. Perhaps Mint is too smart? I remember when some installed Linux could detect a burning process and offer to install it as whole or it's flavor of GUI.
Joan in Reno


From: "'Gene C. Falck' gfalck@merr.com [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2014 8:11 PM
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Mint (Mate) Version 17

 
Hi All,

The process of moving from Version 16 to
Version 17 seems to have gone OK, up to a
point.

I downloaded the .iso file and got an MD5
checksum match and appear to now have
the USB live file working.

I intended to set up my system with 2GB
for a swap partition, 30GB root partition,
and the rest as my home partition. I did
find the do-something-else matter but
that only showed the existing setup in
Version 16 with apparently nothing to
change to call for my options.

It did do an installation without the added
partitions I wanted after I quit trying to
use the do-something-else, though

I am still wondering how to go about this
further step in learning how to partition
as a part up the installation process.

If there is a manual or some document I
need to read, I would like to know where
to get it.

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com



__._,_.___

Posted by: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment