Sunday, May 8, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: openSUSE Wireless help

 

Hi Roy, thanks for the answer. I am going to check and see if it has the correct drivers etc. Once from there I can set the ssid/wep. I know Ubuntu had no problem and PClinuxOS had not problems setting them up.

Kurt

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> I am not a SuSE user, but the usual wireless steps are install a driver, set
> up your network with SSID & security (WEP or WPA) and then select the
> network from the network manager and it will connect. It may ask for a
> password to do so. So I would check first that your wireless is detected and
> working, then if it is try to set up the network with your SSID and security
> of choice which should match the one setup with your router.
>
> To check on the network in Ubuntu I type lshw in a terminal, but that needs
> to be installed. It comes with Ubuntu and SuSE is very different. Then I
> look for the section called *-network. It should list the driver and
> capabilities. If it says UNCLAIMED then you need a driver.
>
> When asking for help it is good if you tell us about the hardware in
> question, in this case, your wireless maker. Someone likely has experience
> with it and can help you better.
>
> Roy
>
> Using Kubuntu 11.04, 64-bit
> Location: Canada
>
>
> On 7 May 2011 22:31, Me <sgttutt2001@...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Ok now I need a little help. I install the current version 11.4 on my
> > computer. Everything seems to work ok except I can not get it setup to work
> > with my wireless network. I can get to the area where it says
> > wire,wireless,vpn etc but the tab for the wireless is not active. So any
> > help is welcome. Oh I am using KDE as I want to try it instead of Gnome.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Kurt
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment