Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] deb installer in Ubuntu 11.04

 

On May 3, 2011, at 8:32 PM, "james_jolin" <james.jolin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently got the upgrade notice for Vbox. I downloaded the upgrade
> and unlike before the deb installer did not come up to do the
> install. For the life of me I cannot find what is missing. This did
> not happen with Ubuntu 10,10. Anyone with some ideas??
> Jim
>
>
If you know where it downloaded to, you can install the deb file from
a terminal shell with dpkg -i filename after navigating to the right
directory. But I have never upgraded a version of virtual box once it
was installed. I always just wait until the next distribution upgrade
I do.

Sent from a mobile device.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment