Monday, May 16, 2011

[nslu2-linux] Trying to use digital camers

 

I have downloaded gphoto2, and I have connected the camera (a Fuji Finepix S1500), but it is not recognised.

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Applications/DigitalCameraBackup suggests that, when the camera is switched on, I should at least see something in
#dmesg | tail -n 10
but there is nothing showing in there (nor in /var/log/messages).

Tried it in a laptop running XP (or thereabouts) and that could see nothing either, but a Windows 7 system recognized it at once, so that camera and the USB cable are clearly operational.

The only spark I got from my slug (slugos BE 4.8.1) was that /dev/ptmx and /dev/pts/0 both showed a last modified time of when the camera was switched on.

Suggestions? Clearly I need so set up some udev stuff, but I need some idea of what to setup.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment