Wednesday, May 18, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Which distro would you choose ?

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> Yes, and the person who posted the question said he was a newbie. But he
> mentioned Slax which is an easy to use Slackware distro, so perhaps his goal
> is to learn. I would not recommend Slackware to anyone except the most tech
> savvy users. Different strokes ... :)
>
> Roy

I will say this about Slackware you WILL learn Linux running it! Some of the stuff I had to do in my slack time bordered on epic as far as computer administration goes. The final straw for me came when I setup a system to use glibc2 alongside libc5 that slack shipped with back then just so I could hand install KDE .14. There was a lot of hype about it, and I just had to see it for myself, and I wasn't going to run that mangy Redhat! Well, long story short, soon afterwords yes I did, run Redhat that is. RH 7.3 is still the finest Linux distro version of all time in my estimation. Good times, good times ... I got in at 7.1 up2date almost made World Domination look feasible for a minute there.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment