Friday, May 27, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] POP via INTERNET

 

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 07:59:06PM +0600, Anuranga Niroshan wrote:
> Guys my problem is my boss want to access my mail server using outlook
> express(POP) through internet (He dont like to use webmail), My mail
> server running postfix on suse linux, its relay only my network
> (172.16.0.0 range). So if i configure his pc to access my mail server via
> internet (using POP) he cant send mail to outside, and i cant configure my
> mail server to use open relay, so how to achieve this gall securely?? Is
> there any way to access POp server via internet using secure way????
>

If using postfix, I know you used to have to add an additional pop
server on there. Haven't set it up that way in awhile though, so not
sure. Google something like setup posfix mail server with pop.

The CentOS wiki article is good, and perhaps you can transfer it to
whatever system you use.

http://wiki.mediatemple.net/w/(ve):Install_Postfix_with_Dovecot_on_CentOS

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Mayor Wilkins: I have two words that are going to make all your
troubles go away. 'Miniature Golf.'

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment