Saturday, May 14, 2011

Re: tshandy33 Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Frugal Install

 

tshandy33

Most Bio's can be reset back to factory settings. You may want to try that.

david
On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Paul <pfrederick1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "tshandy33" <conrad.geller@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have GRUB1 on a partition of my hard drive, from which I boot various
> Linux distributions. My BIOS no longer can be set to boot from the cd drive
> (I screwed it up), so I need to set up new distros as frugal installations.
> > That's easy to do with Puppy, TinyCore, and a few others, but when I try
> with, say, a Ubuntu or Debian derivative, the boot fails and I get the
> message, "try init=bootarg." In the kernel line I have tried
> "fromiso=/[location]," and other shifts, but they generally don't work.
> > Any suggestions?
> >
>
> Lately I haven't even been burning CDs. I've been doing USB key installs.
> So I have to ask can you boot off your USB?
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment