Sunday, August 31, 2014

[LINUX_Newbies] Network Attached Storage?

 

RE:

How about a stand-alone network storage system that all computers can link to? Sorry, but I've only helped others with Win8, thanks to peaking at Ubuntu's newish look. Maybe others with newer rigs will advise...
Joan in Reno

I have given up on the NAS feature on my TL-1043N router. The vendors notes (TP-Link) are not encouraging.

Next on my list is SAMBA and APACHE. Some measure of file sharing with the windows net is important to me. I will look up NFS.
The current elements of my array are win 7, 8, Vista, Pi, RoboLinux and Kindels.
--   John Ferrell W8CCW     Julian NC 27283   It is better to walk alone,  than with a crowd going the wrong direction.                    --Diane Grant

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Ferrell <jferrell13@triad.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment