Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] I hate passwords

 

If you're really so sure about the physical security of the computer,
you might consider using it in single user mode. I don't know how to do
this in Mint off the top of my head, but it should be pretty easy to find...
On 08/12/14 12:21, 'Ken (desco) Ramsey' desco1kr@comcast.net
[LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
>
>
> Try typing into ward processing, then do a copy and paste. A workaround,
> but may not be the no PW request operation you are seeking.
> I use the above for websites so a key logger cannot associate the typed
> characters with the web page I'm logging into.
>
>
> On 8/12/2014 9:06 AM, ralph.bagwell@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
>> Sorry to be so blunt with the subject .
>>
>> I am using Linux Mint and love it except for my pet peeve that I must type a complicated ( forced to be complicated) password at every turn. I spend more time typing the password than I do with all applications put together.
>>
>> Is there a way to eliminate all password protection on Mint or is there a distribution where this is possible ?
>>
>> No one else ever gets near my computer and I have never been hacked and I have malware protection - there is absolutely no need for ANY password use at all - there is no file or image or ??? that I would not allow all public access to.
>>
>> I do keep some information on a flash drive that I keep in my pocket .
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ralph
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Yahoo Groups
Instantly Explore All Attachments Within Each Group Conversation
You can now explore files, preview and download photos directly within each conversation.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment