Friday, August 1, 2014

[nslu2-linux] rsync over SSH or NFS

 

I am using the nslu2 having installed Debian Wheezy on the attached USB hard disk. Everything works well. I use the nslu2 for data backup.

Can anyone help me to decide what kind of connection I should use.
I set up both SSH and NFS server on the nslu2. Both are working.

I supposed NFS to be faster but now I am not shure. It seems to me that rsync may be not faster over NFS than over SSH. I use the nslu2 only on my private network. Security aspects are not relevant.

Any statement is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Ferdinand

__._,_.___

Posted by: f.gruber@eduhi.at
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Yahoo Groups
New Feature! Add Polls to Conversations
You can now include a poll directly within your message. Members can view, vote and add poll options either via email or on the group. Try it today!


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment