Monday, September 21, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Linux and Windows 10 problems

 

Hi Jim,

You wrote:

> Well I sure got plenty of answers. Unfortunately they almost all miss
> the point in that I cannot boot from any drive because something
> changed the boot order that I had.

That May be--I'm working through my upgrade
to Win 10, hoping to be able to set up a Linux
with a VM for Windows to run programs that
need to run on a real, genuine, Windows (not an
emulator).

I have no idea what's happening except that
MS doesn't ever seem to put out a new version
without some toxic changes.

> The dvd drive works in windows 10 and all the other hardware. I
> beginning that MS has fix things so that dual booting is turned off.
> Don't know if this is intentional or not. I think I will have to call
> Lenovo and see what I can find out. If anyone runs into this problem
> and figures it out let me know.

So I also would like to know more, including a
description of whatever turns up that works for
you.

--

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Gene C. Falck" <gfalck@merr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment