Saturday, September 19, 2015

Re: [nslu2-linux] How-to use NSLU2 for torrent downloading?

 

Short version:

1. Get an NSLU that has been flashed with custom firmware (you've already got that taken care of)

2. Get comfortable using optware and ipkg (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Packages)
    (Note: I have no idea what the current state of maintenance is with the optware packages... I wouldn't be surprised if they have turned dusty and moldy with age.)

3. Get a BT daemon running... (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BitTorrent)
    (Personally, I've had good experience with Transmission - http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Transmission
    And - wholly moly - someone actually contributed a 2.73 build just *yesterday* for cryin' out loud!  Maybe those repositories are less crusty and moldy than I thought!)

See how far that gets you...


On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 5:22 AM, cokie69@yahoo.com [nslu2-linux] <nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Anyone willing to help a noob on NSLU2 that's totally lost? :)))


I've recently 'found' an old unslung NSLU2 unit in storage in the office (V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta) and I would love the idea of having a 24/7 low-powered torrent 

downloading unit at home. I though about plugin in a 2.5" hard disk and... voilà, ready to download.


Major flaw though... I am totally noob at anything but Windows [yeah, I know, you don't need to say it... :(]

Would anyone be so kind helping me thru the basics on how to install a torrent client and set everything up?

I do really need step-by-step... ('sudo' sounds to me as alien as j#u%h3, LOL!)


Thanks in advance to all those patient gurus out there willing to lend a hand.


__._,_.___

Posted by: "M.J. Johnson" <threeeyedtoad@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment