Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Media streaming distro

 

I agree, but it isn't so much KDE stumbling as Kubuntu rushing things. Much of the functionality was still in development when Kubuntu went ahead with including Plasma 5 instead of KDE 4. The problem was compounded by not including KDE 4 in the repositories. As a long time user of KDE I can tell you that Plasma 5 will be outstanding when it is complete. 

I am not sure what the problem with Ubuntu is. Partly systems is to blame since Upstart works fine. The rest of it is shared across Unity and GNOME which just manage to lose the panel.. Cinnamon and XFCE work fine.

Needless to say I am looking forward to 15.10 to sort this out.

Roy

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android


From:"Loyal Barber loyal_barber@yahoo.com [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
Date:Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 9:54
Subject:Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Media streaming distro

 



On 9/20/2015 6:47 AM, Linux Canuck linuxcanuck@yahoo.ca [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
 
I would add that Windows 10 (it pains me to say) is much better than its predecessors. This means that Linux will have a harder time getting people's attention. There are still great reasons to use Linux, but nagging problems that do not need to be problems do not help. 

Thanks, Loyal. You will be glad to know that I almost got to install Mint, but am waiting for 15.10 to decide whether I should bother. I still want KDE and the latest and the greatest kernel etc.

Roy

<snip>
Actually, that makes me sad.  You have been such a good advocate for Ubuntu, Kubuntu, and KDE.  I still love my Mint but I gain no pleasure in seeing Ubuntu and KDE stumble.

Loyal

__._,_.___

Posted by: Linux Canuck <linuxcanuck@yahoo.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment