Thursday, May 27, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Newbie with newly installed Debian "Lenny".

 

I wonder if someone can help me out. I am a newbie to Linux although I
did have Mandrake running a few years ago. My Debian installation went
fine until I tried to connect to my provider. GnomePPP loaded fine and
dial-up dialed. After dialing it just hung there. I tried changing
permissions (chmod) but that did not work.

I am sure that there is another step that I am missing; a way to
authenticate the connection possibly PAP or something like it. Any
directions you might have would be appreciated. I don't know how to get
PAP on top of PPP.

The Debian pages are mixed up, so I thought I would use the Linux group.
The Yahoo Debian group is worthless, nothing but really dumb spam. I
would like to use Debian because it seems to be very stable once it is
running. I also covet those 25,000 packages.

Thank you. Harry

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment