Monday, May 17, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] About Red hat linux

 

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 05:31:14PM -0500, Robert C Wittig wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1

>
> Yeah, I've been running RedHat since the later 1990's... v.5 or v.7,
> primarily as a Desktop, but probably not what a lot of the more recent
> people moving over to *nix would consider 'Desktop'.

I should add, I've been using CentOS 5.x as desktop here. At work,
though, where I have less time play, I use Fedora as my workstation. I
find that I can do *most* things on CentOS, but there are times when I
fire up Arch in a VM.

>
> The line between Desktop and Server becomes pretty blurred, in practice.

This is true. Many servers do run X for various reasons. Most of ours
do, in part because many of them are used by the developers, in part
because sometimes the Windows admins have to do something.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Xander: She must be right. We must have some kind of
amnesia.
Buffy: I don't know what that is, but I'm certain I don't have it. I
bathe quite
often.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment