Monday, May 17, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] About Red hat linux

 

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Scott wrote:

>> The line between Desktop and Server becomes pretty blurred, in practice.
>
> This is true. Many servers do run X for various reasons. Most of ours
> do, in part because many of them are used by the developers, in part
> because sometimes the Windows admins have to do something.
>

OBSD has the fvwm GUI available on a standard install, but I found it
pretty primitive. I almost never actually sit down at my OBSD server's
console to work, even though it is just one floor up from my office... I
just log in via ssh and work w/o a GUI.

For my OBSD Desktop, I installed a fairly bare-bones KDE, mostly it's
nice for playing a few computer games. :)

I use the OBSD Desktop as a development base for the OBSD server...
build and test everything on the 'Desktop' (it's almost a carbon copy of
the server, but with KDE installed), in my office, and then upload the
work to the server.

This way, I automatically have duplicate copies of everything, on two
separate machines, even before I run back-ups.

- --
- -wittig
http://www.robertwittig.com/
http://robertwittig.net/
http://robertwittig.org/
.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with CentOS - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEVAwUBS/HmdP9qkhAVPSgqAQK6fgf/Rg+3l1I9O40Bd/ozrKUIBFqt03igvmfO
2nCJhYEe7zM7fHh7Ch21mR6zJ3J+tLIxHzq3C5KuquPR0i/iDqV6Sdo/41ryKAOg
ASQnXKA/wkU80X2oRaL6zSipaT7W6djTBaOQmeaqahHnI/Fdtz+HbDCyW3AN6xQk
74w0SNg9FXpmAg/dFgJgU0EWi5IZOgp6B3I0XnvnRt56Ss8wmNcN7r1wHt3PB+IX
YOI5K2mORxV+VA4Bi8dnVxZOfFTYy0ietNeIXyrt/3Qrud+XrIPFBPxQIv5wZwfw
SYAfORTNwHYRXmAfsIfk8WJV2pP+SiWtj6iS8JLngCxNn264cDGWsg==
=cpRw
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment