Saturday, January 28, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] newbie that want to bite the bullet

 

Hi!

name is pierre and been playing with some linux since the relase of Bo on debian..

But I never did much then install and use the distro as a simple user.

Of course been playing with routers running dd-wrt and such thing, but I am no guru (hardware is more my cup of tea)

Now back to Linux..

I have at home a few thin client that I want to run as appliance for some project..

I have a 1 gig flash drive on it and would like to keep it liek that. I knwo that is not a lot of space.

But I dont need Xwindows and the whole thing to run on those machine, just some specialized software for ham radio.

So what I want to know , since i looked at almost all the small distro and none where doing what I want.

How could I install a kernel, gcc++ and some source on such a machine and procide cupport for USB, audio hardware..

anyone willing to help?

Pierre


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment