Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: verifying swap NSLU2 and SlugOSBE 5.3

 

aswolff1971 wrote:
> Just adding some more details to my initial post:
>
> The disk I am trying to partition/format is a 2GB USB Pen Drive.
> sda1 /
> sda2 <--swap
> sda3 home
>
> Does SLUGOSBE support swap on thumbdrive/memory stick?
>

Yes, it certainly does.

You probably should follow the setup guide for SlugOS; the link you
posted in your original email is quite dated (so old that it refers to
"OpenSlug" still!):
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/SlugOS/InstallandTurnupABasicSlugOSSystem

Among other steps, this wiki article shows you how to create a swapfile
(which avoids the hassle of partitioning a thumb drive in the first place).

-Mike
>
>
> --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "aswolff1971" <aleksei_wolff@...> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I just installed SlugOS on my NSLU2. I (think I) followed the procedure in the document http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenSlug/InitialisingDisks
>>
>> But when running 'top' or 'df -h' or 'mount' no entries show up with sda2 or swap.
>>
>> I tried running 'swapon -s' but I got an error saying 'invalid argument'. I do remember getting an error when I ran the command 'swapon /dev/sda2' something about "busybox: /dev/sda2/ already configured or not available"
>>
>> Questions:
>>
>> 1. Any other commands I can use to verify swap partition is working?
>> 2. What steps should I redo? Do I need to go back to fdisk and delete /dev/sda(1-3) and start from scratch?
>> 3. I already moved my root file system from flash to sda1 will my slug reboot without issue if I remove my USB pen drive?
>>
>> TIA-
>>
>> Alex-
>>
>>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment