Thursday, January 19, 2012

[nslu2-linux] Minidlna (or other DLNA server) on the Slug

 

Hey guys,

I've recently fired up my Slug again, with the goal of using it to stream video to my TV, use it as a seedbox, a print server and just as general network storage (Samba). I thought my TV supported Samba but appearantly it only supports DLNA. Since I always used Debian on the Slug, that's what I installed. However, I'm having some trouble installing minidlna from the repositories (insufficient memory I believe) and now I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't use Debian anyway. I'm also wondering if my Slug will be powerful enough to support a DLNA server anyway.

Basically my question is what is the best way to achieve what I want (print server, dlna server, file server and seedbox (rtorrent I suppose)). Should I pick a different firmware perhaps? Are the other firmwares lighter then Debian? Some pointers here and there would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Walter

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment