Monday, November 19, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Atheros and Linux

 

I loaded Ubuntu 12.04 on a partition along with Windows 7. The Wi-Fi works well with Windows. That is why I listed the specs. I don't know for sure how to configure my Linux network.

A couple of years ago, I had stumbled upon a way to make my older Toshiba laptop work using Linux. That was a process, but it finally worked well. I ended up removing Windows from the hard drive entirely. Later, it stopped working altogether and I've been using Windows on an Acer laptop listed below:

> - I am using a Acer Aspire 5349-2899 laptop
>
> - Intel B815
>
> - Acer Nplify 802.11 b/g/n
>
> - Ethernet controller AR5B125
>
> - Atheros driver v1.0.0.43
>
> - IPv4 Address 192.168.2.3
>
> - Default Gateway / DHCP server 192.168.2.1
>
> - IPv4 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Joan Leach <jleach728@...> wrote:
>
> You don't mention which Linux or which way application you are using on Linux. Perhaps you could plug in an USB wi-fi adapter that is seen in Linux, or try various Linux Live CDs/DVDs to see which one has the best support for the built-in hardware?
>
> Joan in Reno
>
> --- On Mon, 11/19/12, Jim <jverhovec@...> wrote:
>
> From: Jim <jverhovec@...>
> Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Atheros and Linux
> To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Monday, November 19, 2012, 5:32 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Does anyone have information about an Acer computer with Atheros network specifications? Here are the specifications:
>
>
>

>
>
>
> I use this chipset on my Windows 7 based computer. When I try to run both Windows and Linux on the same computer using their method to do this, I cannot connect using Linux. Why not? Do I need to use only one OS or the other?
>
>
>
> Thank you,
>
>
>
> Jim
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment