Thursday, November 29, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Atheros and Linux

 

My bad. Is not "essentials" is "essential"

sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
build-essential

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Arturo" <dr_ovalle@...> wrote:
>
> Read this post, is mine, I can translate it for you, but Google translator does a decent job, I'm a little short of time, but I will gladly translate it for you if you want:
>
> http://experimentolinux.blogspot.mx/2007/09/ubuntu-704-i386.html
>
> Where it says:
> sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essent
> it is an error, it has to say:
> sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essentials
>
> I will recommend to use Copy and Paste to avoid errors.
>
> I hope it works for you.
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jverhovec@> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have information about an Acer computer with Atheros network specifications? Here are the specifications:
> >
> > - I am using a Acer Aspire 5349-2899 laptop
> > - Intel B815
> > - Acer Nplify 802.11 b/g/n
> > - Ethernet controller AR5B125
> > - Atheros driver v1.0.0.43
> > - IPv4 Address 192.168.2.3
> > - Default Gateway / DHCP server 192.168.2.1
> > - IPv4 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
> >
> > I use this chipset on my Windows 7 based computer. When I try to run both Windows and Linux on the same computer using their method to do this, I cannot connect using Linux. Why not? Do I need to use only one OS or the other?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Jim
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment