Sunday, November 4, 2012

[nslu2-linux] Re: Unable to access slug after installing SlugOS

 

I couldn't ping it, no.

As it turned out from googling I found a note that even if you use a static IP, it should be in the DHCP range. Once I did that, I was able to access things as expected.

Thanks.

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Mcgillan <patrick.mcgillan@...> wrote:
>
> Can you ping it? Standard dos ping program should get answers which
> verifies not only that is alive, but you have the correct address. SSH is
> the only way as it doesn't have a telnet program. Go download Putty.exe,
> its free and works good.
>
> I just upgraded mine to Slug OS BE 3.15. Works great! By the way, there is
> no web server loaded. I installed lighttpd.
>
> Patrick
>
>
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM, underscoretom <underscore05@...>wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > I recently purchased a used NSLU2 with the intent of putting wview on it
> > for weather station support.
> >
> > Upon installing the latest SlugOS per instructions, I cannot access the
> > slug in any way (telnet or via the web interface, nor any ping) once the
> > installation is complete and it reboots. Reading around suggested I should
> > install unslung OS first and confirm the IP address is set to what I expect
> > it to be. Installing unslung works fine. I can install (including SSH) and
> > configure as its instructions suggest. But then when installing SlugOS
> > again, same response. I am not able to telnet or use the web interface
> > (*.77 default).
> >
> > Suggestions?
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment