Saturday, November 3, 2012

Re: [nslu2-linux] Unable to access slug after installing SlugOS

 

Can you ping it? Standard dos ping program should get answers which verifies not only that is alive, but you have the correct address. SSH is the only way as it doesn't have a telnet program. Go download Putty.exe, its free and works good.

I just upgraded mine to Slug OS BE 3.15. Works great! By the way, there is no web server loaded. I installed lighttpd.

Patrick



On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM, underscoretom <underscore05@gmail.com> wrote:
 

I recently purchased a used NSLU2 with the intent of putting wview on it for weather station support.

Upon installing the latest SlugOS per instructions, I cannot access the slug in any way (telnet or via the web interface, nor any ping) once the installation is complete and it reboots. Reading around suggested I should install unslung OS first and confirm the IP address is set to what I expect it to be. Installing unslung works fine. I can install (including SSH) and configure as its instructions suggest. But then when installing SlugOS again, same response. I am not able to telnet or use the web interface (*.77 default).

Suggestions?






__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment