Saturday, January 26, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Problem Question 7: Inkscape Blender Gimp

 


Problem Question 7: Inkscape Blender Gimp
Sa 26 Jan 2013 17:27:28 CET
Good afternoon
Thank You for help.

These problems are hard to diagnose over messages.
*
Sorry.
But I was expecting:
I destroy Gimp or Evolution and then
I do remove and then install
and all is fine.
But Linux keeps all mistakes and the problem is still around
after install.

Inkscape: Are you using the circle tool when making circles?
*
Yes.
I use the button on the left side.
Usually there is a circle when I use the mouse on the paper.
But now there a points.

Have you
changed the fill and stroke colours in the top right to make them not
show?
*
No.

or
Did you have an existing circle that you can no longer see? Did you
delete it? Is it moved off the page? Can you zoom out to find it?
*
I did create circles before
but unfortunately I saved them as a.png
and not as a.svg
so I cannot manipulate old circles.

Can you get it back to its starting state? Yes. The settings are
located at /home/yourusername/.config/inkscape
You should be able to delete them and they will re-build from scratch.
*
I should "go" in this directory with mc and then I should delete all files.
Is this the same with Gimp and Blender?

Gimp:
I do not know your desktop environment.
*
I use xfce Xubuntu.
And this happened after the update from Pangolin to Quantal.

Likely you can just edit your
applications list and edit the one that is not working and point it to
gimp in the command box. It willb e different for each desktop
environment how you do that. In KDE you right click on the KDE button
and choose edit applications, for example. It is different for Unity
and XFCE, etc.
Conversely you can Alt+F2 in most desktop environments and just type
gimp and press enter. It is faster for most people.
*
I am using xfce.

Blender:

There is quite an extensive manual in the Help menu that is accessible
from a browser at : http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual
*
I shall look
thank You.

See also: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro
*
I shall look.
Thank You.

Roy
Using Kubuntu 12.10, 64-bit
Location: Canada

Can You just tell me
what is the difference between Kubuntu und Ubuntu and Xubuntu?

Regards
Sophie

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment