Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Linux on Mac Book Pro

 

Take a look at the Ububtu wiki pages:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro

With the informaion there should be no problem to install another
distribution (if you wish).

Yes, I hate top-posting too. A great idea by Mr gates to make it the
default for Outlook Express.

-----Original Message-----
From: J dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com>
To: LINUX_Newbies LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Jan 29, 2013 10:27 pm
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Linux on Mac Book Pro

 
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM, westmi west.mi420@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would try it in virtualbox first....just my opinion..
> D

Ugh... top posting. Virtualbox does not answer the OPs question of
"Will Linux work on my Macbook Air/Pro?"

I do not have a definitive answer, as I don't own either, but I've at
least seen/known people who ran Ubuntu on both Macbook Pro and Air
machines.

Maybe someone else on the list can provide more solid evidence, but I
have seen it run. I believe the big issues with Macbooks, IIRC, is
wireless, POSSIBLY getting good video, but I seem to recall people
having more trouble with wifi than anything.

>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Naresh Bhalala" wrote:
>>
>>
>> Hi Friends,
>>
>> I'm planning to buy Mac Book Pro / Air
>>
>> My work OS will be Linux and personal use on Mac.
>>
>> Any idea --- how comfortable of Linux on Mac Book Pro ??
>>
>> Thank you all.
>> Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
>>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment