Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Installation

 

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 08:27:34PM -0000, mmorse757 wrote:
> In preparation for a Linux install, I used gParted to split my disk into two parts and created a logical partition on my laptop so that I could install Linux on the second partition. The issue is, the installer gives the following three options:
>
> 1) use entire disk
> 2) set-up along side Windows 7
> 3) other (manual installation)
>
> I don't want to use option one as it will erase my Win7. I tried to use option 2 but what happens is that the installer wants to shrink my Win7 partition instead of using the 2nd partition. The only way to use my 2nd partition is for me to choose option three but then the installer expects me to manually setup the partitions.
>
> Has anyone had this issue? Is there a way to force the installer to use the 2nd partition? Or do I have to Google on how to manually set up the partitions using the second half of the disk?

You don't mention what sort of flavor of Linux you're using. Generally,
once you click other, you're given a view of your current setup, and you
should be able to click on the 2nd partition and choose to format it.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment