Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] No sound

 

I was not familiar with alsamixer or Distrowatch.  Thanks to both of you for filling me in.  I must admit I had to use Google to even understand what these items are.

II discovered that there are several troubleshooting videos on you tube that explain what the standard problems are with alsamixer.  

Here is 1 example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWmXG-e6yzI

Perhaps one of these videos will shed more light on the problem.   When I get more time, i will study one of these videos to lean more about alsamixer. 

I often use newtvideohunter to download helpful video that explain Linux issues to me.  It often works for me.

Justin

--- On Wed, 5/22/13, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] No sound
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:31 PM

 

Why not go to Distrowatch.com and see if those programs are mentioned on their separate pages? OpenSuse has vlc...

Joan in Reno

--- On Wed, 5/22/13, highskywhy@yahoo.de <highskywhy@yahoo.de> wrote:

From: highskywhy@yahoo.de <highskywhy@yahoo.de>

Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] No sound

To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com

Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:07 PM

No sound

Do Mai 23 07:53:33 2013

Good morning.

I have an idea to repair my soundproblem: no sound in or out.

I boot a Live CD Linux and check the sound.

Then I can see, is it a Xubuntu problem,

because if the Live CD kann produce sound,

then  it is a Xubuntu problem.

Question:

Which Linux Distri like Fedora or SuSe or Knoppix contains sound

programs like

vlc or audacity?

Regards

Sophie

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment