Monday, February 8, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Running LAMP Stack

 

Well, I think there are some minimal distributions of Linux now, but for the person used to a Windows machine, that might not work so well. I love the idea of open source - I just think that the Linux documentation is not nearly where it needs to be after all these years. The documentation that exists goes over people's heads a lot and is not done in a beginner's step-by-step fashion, then entering the more advanced concepts later. Anyway, I just resolved my issue on my LAMP stack after two days, almost all day and having multiple deadends online. But, in fairness, some of the information gave me some ideas that helped me fix the issues myself.

Jerry in Michigan

On 02/08/2016 01:30 PM, ralph bagwell ralph.bagwell@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
 
There is one possibility in my opinion - of getting a GUI Linux version for the "normal" desktop user. MAKE EVERY VARIATION OPTIONAL ! Including the option to need NO PASSWORDS - even GUI should be an option  - a super tiny version that boots and provides the ability to insert or select from 100s of options to be implemented.   

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jerry in Michigan <bearjercares@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment