Saturday, February 27, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] video questions III video audio

 

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 07:42:11PM +0100, 'highskywhy@yahoo.de' highskywhy@yahoo.de [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> I am sorry.
> I dod ask wrong:
>
> What kind of container is good for share worldwide videos
> for Linux Mac and Win?

Mp4 is playable by most things, but last time, I believe you said that
some of your friends couldn't use mp4. You really have to experiment--if
you take a small file, like the one you gave me, and try different
containers, and have your friends test, you'll have your answer.
>
>
> and what kind of sound and video?

Whatever video codec I used last time. I think the audio was aac, but you'd
have to look at my old emails, because honestly, I don't remember.

>
> What kind of container and what kind of video and what kind of sound
> need the smallest space.

x265 is smallest space, but it's still relatively new, so some things
can't play it. Not sure about sound, but video tends to take more room
than audio.

This seems like a reasonable article about it.

http://www.learningsolutionsmag.com/articles/1203/video-compression-secrets-smaller-files-better-quality

Generally, ogg will be the smallest audio size. One reason you have to try
with different formats is because each person has different taste--through
low quality laptop speakers, I can't tell much difference between audio
format, but on good speakers, I probably could.

>
> For ourselves
> we do now try and error.

That's what you have to do. If I were doing this for someone, I would use
libx265 and ogg, or possibly aac and tell them to figure out how to play
it, but I'm a nasty human being who is dead inside, and basically hang out
with other tech people.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

__._,_.___

Posted by: Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment