Friday, February 26, 2016

Re: [WAS: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] How to learn Linux]

 

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 10:09:54AM -0600, Michael Sullivan msulli1355@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> >
> I think the Windows box is 64-bit.

Slackware publishes both 32 and 64 bit versions..

I run 32 bit versions on all 64 bit supported machines because I don't need
the terabyte addresses of 64 bit..

I'm thinking that, in my case, 32 bit is better because of half the address
bytes whilst running, if that makes any sense.. I know we're talking about
millions of bytes per second but there may be a bottom line difference??

I've often looked for comments along those line; maybe someone here can
expand??

--

GNU-Linux/UNIX - Slackware 14.1 JFS X86

__._,_.___

Posted by: HalX <halinux@frontier.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment