Friday, April 29, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] TEST for 64-bit

 

"Michael Sullivan msulli1355@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies]"
<LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Is there a Linux test that I can do to see if my computer is 64-bit? I
> got a new one in today, and the shop that built it for me says that it's
> 64-bit, but the 64-bit LiveDVD I burned won't boot. The LiveDVD did
> suggest that my kernel should be 64-bit (64-bit kernel was turned ON in
> menuconfig), but the kernel failed to build with that option, possibly
> because all the other files on the system were 32-bit. I'm just
> wondering is it, or isn't it?

Open a terminal and cut and paste the following command:

uname -m

That should reveal whethert you have a 32 or 64 bit machine.

Zed
--
zed
COMPUTER LITERACY? You mean my computer can READ?!

__._,_.___

Posted by: zed <zed@zed.net.nz>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (29)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment