Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] TEST for 64-bit

 

No. It's an Intel Dual Core. I don't have a GUI installed on it yet,
and every time I try to scp something over from there to here I put in
the password and it says "Agent pid" and some number. How do I get
passed that?
On 04/26/2016 10:17 PM, J dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> Also, pretty much every modern x86 CPU is 64 bit. The only 32 bit ones I
> know of are ARM chips or the cheapest Atom chips.
>
> On Tuesday, April 26, 2016, J <dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com
> <mailto:dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Fastest way would be to just look up the processor model on the
> internet. If it's an Intel chip, search the Ark
> (http://ark.intel.com). Not sure what AMDs cpu db is.
>
> On Tuesday, April 26, 2016, Michael Sullivan msulli1355@gmail.com
> [LINUX_Newbies] <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> Is there a Linux test that I can do to see if my computer is
> 64-bit? I
> got a new one in today, and the shop that built it for me says
> that it's
> 64-bit, but the 64-bit LiveDVD I burned won't boot. The LiveDVD did
> suggest that my kernel should be 64-bit (64-bit kernel was
> turned ON in
> menuconfig), but the kernel failed to build with that option,
> possibly
> because all the other files on the system were 32-bit. I'm just
> wondering is it, or isn't it?
>
>
> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@gmail.com>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email
> LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment