Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] TEST for 64-bit

 

On 04/26/2016 10:34 PM, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> No. It's an Intel Dual Core. I don't have a GUI installed on it yet,
> and every time I try to scp something over from there to here I put in
> the password and it says "Agent pid" and some number. How do I get
> passed that?
> On 04/26/2016 10:17 PM, J dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
>> Also, pretty much every modern x86 CPU is 64 bit. The only 32 bit ones I
>> know of are ARM chips or the cheapest Atom chips.
>>
>> On Tuesday, April 26, 2016, J <dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com
>> <mailto:dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Fastest way would be to just look up the processor model on the
>> internet. If it's an Intel chip, search the Ark
>> (http://ark.intel.com). Not sure what AMDs cpu db is.
>>
>> On Tuesday, April 26, 2016, Michael Sullivan msulli1355@gmail.com
>> [LINUX_Newbies] <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a Linux test that I can do to see if my computer is
>> 64-bit? I
>> got a new one in today, and the shop that built it for me says
>> that it's
>> 64-bit, but the 64-bit LiveDVD I burned won't boot. The
>> LiveDVD did
>> suggest that my kernel should be 64-bit (64-bit kernel was
>> turned ON in
>> menuconfig), but the kernel failed to build with that option,
>> possibly
>> because all the other files on the system were 32-bit. I'm just
>> wondering is it, or isn't it?
>>
>>

My ~/.bashrc file at this moment says:

# .bashrc

# User specific aliases and functions
alias ls="ls --color"
alias ll='ls -lh'
alias ssh='ssh -Y -C'
alias useflag='grep /usr/portage/profiles/use.*desc -e'
alias su="/bin/su"
export CPATH=/usr/kde/3.3/include/:$CPATH
eval `ssh-agent`

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
. /etc/bashrc
fi

#export CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH:/home/michael/projects/java/myFantasy:."
export PS1='\[\033[01;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[01;34m\] \W \$\[\033[00m\] '
export PATH="$PATH:/home/michael/.bin"
#export CVSROOT=/var/cvsroot

I don't HAVE a ~/.bash_profile.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment