Thursday, March 23, 2017

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Correct file path in a browser

 

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 2:35 AM, Stan Gorodenski stanlep@commspeed.net
[LINUX_Newbies] <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> I downloaded WinSCP to my Windows 7 laptop and was able to copy a file
> to the var/www directory in Ubuntu. Since I was able to make contact
> with my Linux machine (technically, is it correct to say I am making
> contact with Apache2?) I should be able to read this file with my
> laptop. I tried various combinations of things which I won't go into
> detail here, but it seems the correct file path in SeaMonkey (or
> FireFox) should be
> http://192.168.11.4/[my username]/var/www/CometFront.jpg
> It did not work, even when I left out my user name. Is this the correct
> file path?

Try putting your file in /var/www/html/ ... in many cases, /var/www is
not accessible, as the html directory is the actual DocRoot. (there
may also be a cgi-bin dir in /var/www for CGI scripts called by
documents in /var/www/html/.

Either that, or you need to edit the configs for Apache and change the
DocRoot to /var/www explicitly.

__._,_.___

Posted by: J <dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment