Friday, March 24, 2017

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] rm -f

 

Thank You
so with a little concentration---> no problem?

regards

and

rm -ff

Sophie

On 24.03.2017 17:37, Michael msulli1355@gmail.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
>
>
> I'm no expert, but I'll try answering this one. It's nice to be able to
> finally give back a little to this community that has helped me so much
> over the years. Granted most of what I know about rm -f is hearsay and
> someone who has actually had more experience with using the -f switch
> may correct what I say. If it is wrong, I hope they do.
>
> I've heard that when one uses the 'rm' command in a terminal, the files
> are completely unrecoverable. Using rm -f disables the constant "Do you
> really want to delete this file?" prompts. Therefore if one is not
> paying attention as closely as one thinks one is, one may delete
> something really really important, like any of the directories
> immediately off /. OK, maybe that's not the best example. That would
> require the -r switch as well. But I think you get the idea.
>
> On 03/24/2017 07:33 AM, 'highskywhy@yahoo.de' highskywhy@yahoo.de
> [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
>>
>>
>> hello
>> how to delete undeletable htm files?
>>
>> I found rm -f
>> But in the manual is written rm -f or rm -ff are very dangerous.
>> What can I do wrong?
>>
>> regards sophie
>>
>>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: "highskywhy@yahoo.de" <highskywhy@yahoo.de>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment