Tuesday, April 17, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Changing PATH environment after manual TexLive 2011 installation on Debian

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Pascal" <pascal.hasko@...> wrote:
>
> I'd like to disagree with you. I do think that it is a Debian issue also, not only Tex's fault. TexLive packages provided by Debian are missing certain stuff and in this case I need that. Otherwise I don't have a problem with Debian's tex. Even the version 2011 from Debian unstable is not complete. I'd say I could tinker around with Debian's package management as much as I want, if it is not in the repositories what I want I won't get it that way. That's why I had to install TexLive 2011 manually.
>
> Pascal
>

"if it is not in the repositories what I want I won't get it that way."

Then you make it yourself. This is GNU/Linux.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Debian-Binary-Package-Building-HOWTO/

With FOSS the only limits are the ones that you arbitrarily place upon yourself.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment