Thursday, April 5, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Opening a terminal..?

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> That only works in Unity. GNOME has made no provision for it and have
> deliberately killed Alt+F2. So, it all depends on the desktop.
>
> Roy
>
> Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
> Location: Canada

What I read lead me to believe it was a Gnome thing.

You can switch from console to console with ALT+FN but to switch out of X you usually have to add the CTRL key. If your Window Manager is grabbing the key sequence then you need to reconfigure your WM properly, possibly filing a bug report if your distribution set it up improperly that way.

I am happy to report that Fedora 16 functions correctly. I'm trying it out on this system on the suggestion of someone I chatted with on IRC. I don't think the fact that they work for RedHat was influential in any way :)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment