Friday, October 26, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Older Laptop & Ubuntu

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle" <dawnyisrael13@...> wrote:
>
> A BIG thank you for the responses! Some great information. Although I did find the problem. In my excitement when the computer arrived in the mail and I was excited that it worked and everything, I neglected to look and see just what version of everything was running. The computer had evidently been sitting for a few years. I found this out because I went to download something else and I received a message that said upgrade to a more recent version of explorer. Turns out that it still had something like explorer five and for the Windows XP it was still on service pac 2! So, I spent a day upgrading everything on Windows and then Ubuntu loaded up just fine and is now working with a desktop and everything.
> Another learning experience for me. Thank you again for all the suggestions. I will keep them for any future reference.
>

Maybe you can explain to me how Linux depends on Windows? Because I've been running Linux without Windows for quite some time now. I update Windows with fdisk and format. That is just how I roll.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment