Friday, October 26, 2012

Re: [nslu2-linux] Digest Number 2807

 

On 10/26/2012 02:00 PM, dR wrote:
 

I have a silly number of Slugs (using SlugOS and OpenWRT). I also have a SheevaPlug, a DNS-323, and a PogoPlug v2.

I only know my version of the PogoPlug, but it cost $20 new (yes, new) and installing Arch Linux was easy. Of all the devices I have tested so far, it's the one that I favour to replace the Slug.



I have a Pogoplug, I think it's the original. According to /cat/proc/cpuino it's a Marvell SheevPlug reference board. This means you could buy a Sheevaplug and get twice the RAM.

But the CPU is an order of magnitude faster than a slug, I have Debian running on it and it seems to work fine.


I still like my Slugs, though.


As do I, but I wouldn't buy one today, there are better alternatives.


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment