Saturday, October 27, 2012

Re: [nslu2-linux] Digest Number 2807

 

Thanks for the feedback everybody. I'll probably evaluate more than one of the suggested options and settle on one that fits best. 

Just the idea that viable options exist is comforting since the slug has become an important part of my home setup and a serious geek hobby to boot :D big grin


From: Ralph Green <severian@pobox.com>
To: nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, 27 October 2012 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [nslu2-linux] Digest Number 2807

 
Howdy,
I have setup a few of the Pogo-E02 models and they work pretty well.
I actually bought my first Pogoplug just after I bought my first
Slug. I never got arounf to setting up the slug. The Model 4
Pogoplug only has 128 meg of ram. The Pogo-E02 has 256 meg. The
Model 4 is a bit smaller and uses an external power supply. The
Pogo-E02 has an internal power supply and still is found for about
$25. Some of the model 4 units have built in wifi, which can be
handy.
Have fun,
Ralph

On 10/26/12, Brian Wood <bwood@beww.org> wrote:
> On 10/26/2012 02:00 PM, dR wrote:
>>
>>
>> I have a silly number of Slugs (using SlugOS and OpenWRT). I also have
>> a SheevaPlug, a DNS-323, and a PogoPlug v2.
>>
>> I only know my version of the PogoPlug, but it cost $20 new (yes, new)
>> and installing Arch Linux was easy. Of all the devices I have tested
>> so far, it's the one that I favour to replace the Slug.
>>
>
>
> I have a Pogoplug, I think it's the original. According to
> /cat/proc/cpuino it's a Marvell SheevPlug reference board. This means
> you could buy a Sheevaplug and get twice the RAM.
>
> But the CPU is an order of magnitude faster than a slug, I have Debian
> running on it and it seems to work fine.
>
>>
>> I still like my Slugs, though.
>>
>
> As do I, but I wouldn't buy one today, there are better alternatives.
>
>
>


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment