Thursday, October 25, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Request - Laptop selection

 

Don't get Toshiba for Linux. It does not work well in Linux.

The other three should work with Linux and it comes down to the most
bang for the buck, IMO. I am brand agnostic when it comes to my money.
I prefer the Lenovo, but there are other options not listed such as
System76.

Roy
Using Kubuntu 12.10, 64-bit
Location: Canada

On 25 October 2012 00:40, Bruce Kemp <wb7ooe@wbcable.net> wrote:
> I would advise against the Toshiba. I have a Satellite C655 laptop that
> has problems booting to Linux. I need to boot up to the login on Windows
> and then restart in order to boot into Linux.
> Bruce
>
>
> On 10/24/2012 11:20 AM, Naresh Bhalala wrote:
>
>> 4 Toshiba
>>
>> My purpose - Linux installation, Windows installation, Coding/ development, good speed, fast processing, multiple tasks.
>>
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment