Thursday, October 25, 2012

[nslu2-linux] Pogoplug Series 4

 

Hi,

I've had an NSLU2 for a good 4 years now and was just taking a peek at the other offerings of similar devices.

One of the kits I was looking at is the Pogoplug Series 4. Does anyone on this channel have any extended experience with it. In particular :

1) Whats its power consumption like compared with the NSLU2?
2) Is it as reliable as the Slug?
3) Does it have any overheating issues?
4) Is it worth the trouble switching over in general? Is OS support mature enough on it to run Debian Squeeze with full functionality of all I/O ports e.g.
5) Is there any other platform that is perhaps better than the Pogoplug Series 4?

No way I'm going to give up on the NSLU2 - its got a VW Beetle like aura about it so I'm going to keep it indefinitely :). But hardware failures do happen and I have to consider alternatives for the future.

cheers,
H

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment